English is not a second language but native language
- We can invest our time in other subjects after mastering English in elementary. It is possible to study abroad
anytime in elementary.
Learning American English at a near place with cheap cost
- Philippine is an Asian country which is less than 4hours away from Korea but follows American education
- One is able to improve one’s English by having one-on-one class with lower cost than other English - speaking
Not cramming education but participatory education
- Improve self-studying skills and self-confidence by project and presentation-centered rather than examination-
- develop one’s attitude to participate in the class by answering all the questions.
- Students who have poor English skills are able to develop by having afterschool classes rather than treating
students differently according to their English skills.
- No need to pay expensive cost for the advanced education.
Being obliged to choose studying abroad
- For the students who are having hard time with the their country educational system.
- For the parents who are not able to take care of their child because of double-income family, single
parent families and etc.
- For the students who want to learn English not to go to better university or job but to dream abroad.
EDUCATION SYSTEM OF THE PHILIPPINES
The basic curriculum
- 6 years of elementary + 4 years of high school -> 6 years of elementary + 6years of high school; changed
to totally 12years.
- Private school: for the rich people. Uses English except for the Filipino classes.
- International school: for the foreigners living in the Philippines. Uses English in all class.
System of semester
- For public and private schools, get into a school in August. Have a vacation from May to July. (Baguio)
- For public and private schools, get into a school in June. Have a vacation from March to May. (Clark)
- For international schools, get into a school in August. Have a vacation from June to July. (Baguio, Clark)
Period of entering school and preparation for it
- Students who have been studying abroad or have an intermediate level in English: after studying ESL for
two to three months, they sit in the class. After that, they enter the school.
- Students who didn’t study abroad or have a beginning level in English: After studying ESL for three to six
months, they sit in the class. After that, they enter the class.
Period for transferring school
- All schools: Most of the schools in the Philippines are quarter-semester. And should know and prepare all
the required information which is needed for the certain school because there are different requirements
needed at each school and Philippine school’s semester starts late.